INTERNSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS, AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
- UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music and The Max Hellman Institute of New Jewish Music will present the world premiere of “David’s Quilt,” an original libretto about biblical King David“.This performance features the premiere of a new work by Los Angeles based composers and UCLA faculty and students working together with the Max Helfman Institute. David's Quilt is the result of 15 very different composers joining together to tell the story of David through their own artistic lens. The Quilt explores different episodes of David's life, composed in a variety of musical idioms. TO RSVP TO DAVID'S QUILT, CLICK HERE.
- Looking for your next internship? Check out Birthright Israel Excel’s 10-week summer program in Tel Aviv, where Fellows intern at leading global companies or participate in a pre-accelerator to create a tech startup! This is a great opportunity for Jewish college students to be part of a strong network of business and entrepreneurship leaders. Apply today at www.birthrightisraelexcel.com! Early admission deadline: October 31st
- J Street U is looking to hire a Campus Organizer based in LA. The Campus Organizer is responsible for building a vibrant, engaging, and impactful region of campus leaders and J Street U chapters. The Campus Organizer works to identify and cultivate the most talented student leaders to come together and build campus chapters for vigorous and critical conversations around this issue, as well as enabling students to act together across campuses in their work with elected officials and Jewish communal leaders. Interested candidates should submit, via email, a cover letter, resume and three references to Ben Elkind, Director of J Street U, at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Campus Organizer” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, onlycandidates receiving an interview will receive a follow-up message.
- The Shalom Institute in Malibu is looking for year-round and summer staff! If you are looking to gain leadership experience, work with kids, and connect with the Jewish camping community, contact Henry Schmidt or visit our website for details.
- Camp Bob Waldorf is looking to hire staff for their weekend retreats!Camp Bob Waldorf on the Max Straus Campus is a residential summer camp program located in Glendale, California. Our goal is to provide meaningful, fun, and educational experiences for youth, regardless of their home life or financial status. We are seeking motivated, responsible, energetic and compassionate applicants with an interest in working with children and developing leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on a child's life, and truly make a difference in their world. If you are interested, please contact an Assistant Director: Emily Lassman or Maddie Appel
- Join the Jewish National Fund College Summit in Conjunction with National Conference November 10 - 12, 2017. Register HERE. Travel subsidies available up to $400 when travelling from the West Coast. JNF’s College Summit brings together college students from across the U.S. to learn about the positive work being done in Israel and the skills needed to bring that content to life on campus. Attendees connect with fellow students who are paving the way to ensure a healthy and secure Jewish homeland over a powerful and impactful three-day weekend. College Summit is intended for pro-Israel American students that want to learn about JNF’s vision for Israel and realize that vision in their community. FOR MORE INFORMATION, contact Nelson France, Director, Campus and High School Affairs at email@example.com 202.750.0095 x295.
- Join the USCJ Convention 2017 - It’s the largest gathering of Conservative Jewish leaders, thinkers and doers in North America. Join hundreds of rabbis, executive directors, presidents, educators, millennials and others to tackle big questions facing kehillot and leave inspired and empowered with new ideas, strategies and skills to strengthen your community back home. Dec 1-5, 2017 in Atlanta, GA. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 5 PM EDT.
AJC's ACCESS, Campus Affairs Department, and Asia Pacific Institute, in conjunction with the Foreign Ministry of Japan, invite you to apply for our trip to Japan, January 7-14, 2018. APPLY NOW. Participants will experience Japanese culture, learn about the Jewish community in Japan, and engage with the Japanese political sphere all while exploring a beautiful country that is one of the world’s leading technological innovators.
Masa is looking for a South West Regional Representative- A Masa Israel Journey Regional Representative is a passionate, results-oriented, and hard-working individual, who is excited about increasing the number of participants attending a Masa program, building partnerships and strengthening organizations’ and individuals’ commitment to Masa Israel’s vision and goals. This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Director of Recruitment and Director of Partnerships. Bachelor's Degree required. Email MearaR@masaisrael.org for more info.
- AJR is hiring a person to handle on-site (at Hillel) tech set up for distance learning via Zoom technology. Knowledge of Zoom, Constant Contact, Facebook, and other social media required. Will need to start and end Zoom classes, as well as provide immediate technical support for students and faculty who are on and off site. When classes are running and all technical matters are solved, other office and technical tasks will be required as needed. Need to be available Sundays 9:30am to 5pm, Mondays 8am to 3:30pm, and Tuesdays 8:00am to 3:30pm. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sinai Temple Religious School of West Los Angeles, is seeking excellent teachers to join our professional team for the 2017-2018 school year. Great hours, wonderful work environment and a fantastic way to earn some money while in school. Teacher candidates must love working with children, be able to read Hebrew, and have a passion for teaching Judaica. School hours are on Wednesday afternoons from 4:00-6:00 pm and Sunday mornings 9:30-12:30 pm (may consider Wednesdays only and/or additional hours). A great opportunity for personal and professional growth. Please send resume and 2-3 professional references to Dkassin@sinaitemple.org
Synagogue in Palos Verdes is looking for a creative, energetic and nurturing teacher for our Kindergarten and 7th grade classes. Candidates should have experience working with children, knowledge of basic Hebrew and Judaic content. Hours: Sunday 9:30am-12pm, Salary: DOE If interested, please contact Ami Berlin, Director of Education and Youth Programs at email@example.com
- APPLY TO BE A DIGITAL AMBASSADOR FOR ISRAEL! Digital Ambassadors are trained in social media strategy, with a particular focus on digital outreach. Each Ambassador chooses a niche area to focus on—such as health, technology, culture, or social action—and promotes ISRAEL21c’s stories, videos and infographics to online communities and key online influencers within their niche area. For more information, contact Ari Feinstein, the Outreach and Engagement Coordinator for the Digital Ambassador Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224.221.2961.
- The Robert A. and Sandra S. Borns Jewish Studies Program Announces its 2018-2019 Graduate Fellowship Competition For Incoming Students: The Borns Jewish Studies Program offers fellowships for students accepted into a graduate degree program at Indiana University who show clear promise of dedicating themselves seriously to scholarship within one of the core areas of Jewish Studies. Each fellowship provides a stipend starting at $20,000, plus health insurance, and fee remission which can be tied to multi-year packages.
- Internships with the Y&S Nazarian Center: An excellent resume-building opportunity to help support the Center’s diverse activities with stipends of up to $250 offered for the quarter (work study students can apply for their work study salary). Interested students can contact the Center at email@example.com